Acupuncture is an effective form of medical treatment that has evolved into a complete holistic health care system. Practitioners of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) have used this noninvasive treatment method to help millions of people become well and stay well.
Acupuncture promotes natural healing. It can enhance recuperative power and immunity, support physical and emotional health, and improve overall function and well being. It is a safe, painless and effective way to treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
What will my acupuncturist do?
During the initial exam a full health history will be taken. Questions will be asked regarding symptoms, health and lifestyle. Your acupuncturist also may check your pulse and tongue and may conduct a physical exam. this information is then organized to create a complete, accurate and comprehensive diagnosis of where qi has become blocked or imbalanced. After the interview process, you may receive an acupuncture treatment. Visits with your acupuncturist may last from forty five to ninety minutes.
How many treatments will I need?
Treatment frequency and number of treatments needed depend on a variety of factors: your constitution, the severity and duration of the problem and the quality and quantity of your Qi. Some people experience immediate relief: others may take months or even years to achieve results. Chronic conditions usually take longer to resolve than acute ones. Plan on a minimum of a month to see significant changes. An acupuncturist may suggest one or two treatments per week, or monthly visits for health maintenance and seasonal "tune ups".
Will my insurance cover acupuncture?
We accept all insurance types. Upon your first treatment we gather necessary information to check on your insurance coverage and we inform you of such before your treatment begins. If you decide to call your insurance carrier yourself here are a few questions to ask:
- Will my plan cover acupuncture?
- How many visits per calendar year?
- Do I need a referral?
- Do I have a co-pay?
- Do I have a deductible? If yes, has it been met?
Common health issues people seek an acupuncturist for:
Acupuncture is recognized by leading national and international health organizations to be effective in the treatment of a wide variety of medical problems.
- Pain Management
- Physical Injuries
- Digestive Issues
- Menstrual Issues
- Sports Medicine
World Health Organization (WHO)
Who has recognized that acupuncture is an appropriate treatment for more than 200 clinical conditions. Some of the conditions that can be effectively treated or relieved include:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Food allergies, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, peptic ulcer, gastritis, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome
- Urogenital Disorders: Urinary tract infections, incontinence, prostatitis, sexual dysfunction, infertility
- Gynecological Problems: PMS, menstrual difficulties, (irregular, heavy or painful menstruation), infertility, morning sickness, fibrocystic disease, menopause problems
- Muscle and Joint Pain: Arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, low sciatica, TMJ problems
- Respiratory Problems: Asthma, emphysema, allergies, chronic bronchitis, sinusitis
- Circulatory Disorders: High blood pressure, angina, muscle cramps, anemia, palpitations, atherosclerosis.
- Immune System Disorders: Chronic fatigue syndrome, AIDS, rheumatioid arthritis, candidiasis, lupus, fibromyalgia
- Endocrine Disorders: Diabetes, hyper/hypothyroidism
- Neurological Disorders: Stroke, multiple sclerosis, trigeminal neuralgia, numbness, tingling, dizziness
- Headache: Migraine, tension, sinus, cluster headaches.
- Emotional Problems: Stress, insomnia, depression, anxiety, phobias, bipolar personality disorder, compulsive behavior, poor self-esteem, eating disorders
- Addictions: alcoholism, drug and nicotine addiction
- And more...
To schedule an appointment you can reach us at (541) 589-1972. Appointments available on Thursday's from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.